Peace Corps Fellows Program–Office Assistant Position Position
The Peace Corps Fellows Program at Teachers College, an alternative teacher certification program for Returned Peace Corps Volunteers, is looking to hire a new program assistant. This interim position (which will roll into a work-study position at the beginning of the Fall semester), will work with program staff, Fellows, and school partners. The ideal candidate would be willing to commit for more than one year. Work hours will be scheduled between 9-6 pm weekdays, and requires a minimum commitment of 12-15 hours per week, but the position offers flexibility of scheduling.
- Serve as a liaison between New York City Public Schools, principals, community service providers, and Peace Corps Fellows;
- Conduct outreach to maintain and strengthen network of program alumni;
- Respond to prospective applicant inquiries, communicate with applicants, schedule applicant school-visits and interviews; organize incoming application materials;
- Assist with writing and layout of PCFP newsletter;
- Assist with clerical support, including fax, phone, email correspondence, mailings, filing, reception work, and other general office duties;
- Assist with collection and tracking of paperwork for Mentoring program;
- Manage data with Filemaker and Excel; design, input, and maintain data spreadsheets;
- Organize logistics of Monthly seminars and Summer Intensive Training activities, including: room reservations; equipment set-up; and food orders;
- Assist with coordination of event-related activities as needed, such as Summer BBQ.
- Must have been awarded federal work-study as part of the 2014-2015 financial aid package;
- Must be available to work during a part of the 2014 summer (July or August);
- Excellent organizational skills (ability to multitask and problem-solve in a busy office environment); detail-oriented, and timely;
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and comfort with Macintosh operating system, and Microsoft Office software, especially MS Word and Excel;
- Excellent people skills (ability to work well with faculty, staff and students);
- Knowledge of design and video-editing software a plus
- Knowledge of NYC school system a plus;
- Peace Corps, international and/or classroom experience a plus.
Link to apply:
Name: Nicolas Stahelin, Director
Email Address: email@example.com
Feel free to call if you have any questions: Phone: 212-678-6622