Paid Tutoring Opportunities for TC Students
The Bronx Institute at Lehman College is looking to hire math, science, and ELA tutors to offer in-class tutoring to 7th and 8th grade students.
Tutors will be placed in one of our eight partner schools and will assist students in class with questions pertaining to subject material, class assignments, and homework assignments. Tutors will also work one-to-one or in small groups with students who require additional assistance.
The ideal tutor will have:
- Experience working with middle or high school students in a tutoring or teaching capacity
- Mastery in at least one of the required subject areas (pre-algebra, algebra, ELA, and integrated science)
- Experience with standardized test preparation for middle and high school students
- A flexible schedule to work with students during the school day ( at least 2 days per week)
- A sustained commitment to serve in a school for a full academic year
- A passion for closing the educational achievement gap
All tutors are required to attend an initial (paid) training session prior to placement. Tutors are also required to attend one hour (paid) bi-weekly follow up meetings with their subject coach to debrief and to discuss student progress with the Coordinator of Mentoring and Tutoring Services at The Bronx Institute.
Tutors must possess a bachelor’s degree, advanced degree (preferred), OR be a high performing undergraduate student (senior status) with a demonstrated ability to (1) work with middle school students in a classroom environment and (2) provide tutoring instruction in a required subject area.
$15 p/h undergraduate student or bachelor’s degree
$20 p/h graduate student or advanced degree
Interested candidates should email their resume to Faith Allen, Coordinator of Mentoring and Tutoring Services for the The Bronx Institute at Faith.Allen1@lehman.cuny.edu