|Washington Yu Ying is hiring a Chinese Program Support. Yu Ying is a Chinese Immersion, IB World Public Charter School that currently serves Pre-K 4 to Sixth Grade. We offer a generous benefits package that includes: health, metro, short-term disability and more. We are within a mile of the Brookland Metro on the red line.
How to Apply:
- Download and fill out the Employment Application.
- You will need Adobe Reader to view and fill out the application.
- Please sign the application, using the digital signature feature under Adobe Reader or signing a printed copy of your application by hand.
- Submit your employment application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All potential hires need to pass a background check. No phone calls please.
Position Overview: The Chinese Program Support will create resources for the Chinese Program and provide in-class and small group student support at Washington Yu Ying PCS. The Chinese Program Support will also perform other classroom/school duties as requested.
- Create resource materials for the Chinese Program. Key projects include creating Chinese curriculum and assessment materials; preparing letters/reports on assessment results; writing and creating Guided Reading leveled books.
- Provide student support. Sample duties include but are not limited to: adminstering Chinese assessment tests; leading and teaching student booster groups; supporting Chinese classroom or special subject instruction.
- Perform other classroom or school duties as necessary, such as managing and implementing school-wide cultural activities & resources, organizing and stocking resource materials in the resource room and classrooms, etc.
- Native-level proficiency in Mandarin Chinese with appreciation, experience, and understanding of Chinese culture. Preferably a native-speaker in Mandarin Chinese.
- Fluency in English.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Must be technology savvy. Experience creating and managing electronic documents, portals, and with Mac.
- Interest and experience in education.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills and strong motivational skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $28,000 – $33,000 yearly, commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, short-term, and long-term disability insurance; and retirement plan in accordance to school policy.