ADMINISTRATIVE SYSTEMS MANAGER at California Association for Bilingual Education
|Date of posting: July 21, 2014||Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000 annually|
|Application Deadline: August 4, 2014||Full time, includes health benefits|
|Location: Covina, CA|
The Administrative Systems Manager manages and coordinates the daily operations, relationships and administrative functions within CABE. This position serves as a manager on the organizational Coordinating Council and reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Support the CEO in advancing the CABE strategic plan and priorities through rethinking and restructuring organization policies and strategies.
- Actively support CABE’s vision of biliteracy, educational equity, and 21st century success.
Systemic Office Systems And Operations
- Manage the overall daily office operations across departments
- Implement consistent and systemic polices and procedures across the organization
- Oversee human resources, facilities management, office operations, and business team
- Supervise the administrative and accounting team staff
- Work closely and coordinate with accounting firm, auditors, and accounting team regarding fiscal processes (audit, budgets, accounting/finance policies, process of payroll, etc.)
- Take a lead role in providing support at the CABE annual conference—specific areas to be determined.
- Create and maintain an effective organization filing system that combines both electronic and hard copy records
- Manage and provide contractual and operational support to CABE consultants
- Create a tracking system for the completion and billing of contracts and grants
- Plan the effective and environmental use of materials and human resources
- Update and maintain personnel and confidential records
- Monitor staff and organizational insurance coverage and employee benefits
- Ensure personnel policies are up-to-date.
- Organize staff evaluation process and schedule
- Evaluate information systems and support upgrading of office systems
- Communicate with banking institutions and manage mortgage note
- Continue to develop and strengthen CABE’s professional profile and customer service
- Work collaboratively across departments in support of conferences, contracts and the organization
- Manage vendor and consultant relationships and negotiate contracts when necessary
- Support the professional development and growth of the CABE team including planning and organizing professional development for support and clerical staff
- Collaborate on the development of the Board agenda and attend Board of Director meetings
- Support and promote the CABE membership process
- Address new challenges with a positive, solution based approach
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience in working in a complex organization (non-profit experience preferred) organization, organizing/restructuring office and operational systems, supervising staff, creating positive office culture, collaborating with educational partners and board members, implementing updated integration of technology, managing programs and staff.
Skill in negotiating contracts and agreements, communications, marketing, fundraising, organizing events, communicating with multilingual/multicultural community members, partnering with educational leaders.
Knowledge/Awareness of Spanish (or another language supported in the community), the California public school system, the community learning theory,
Ability to work independently and interdependently, work collaboratively with a variety of individuals and groups, communicate effectively verbally and in written form, exercise sound judgment, interpret and communicate policies and procedure, model norms of behavior that reflect high expectations, travel to various schools, districts, and conference/event locations, work some weekends and extended hours.
Physical abilities include standing and sitting for extended periods, talking/hearing, near and far visual acuity, pushing/pulling, lifting, reaching, carrying, field of vision, fine manual dexterity.
- Meet job requirements as listed above
- Possession of a California Driver’s license
- Technological proficiency (e.g. MS Office, QuickBooks, Social Media, databases, desktop publishing, etc.)
- BA/BS Degree or work experience equivalent
- Experience reflecting knowledge of adult learning and community learning theory
- Bilingual (preferred)
- $50,000-$55,000 annually
- Full time, includes health benefits
- Mileage reimbursement
- Complete application form on line at http://www.bilingualeducation.org/pdfs/job_app.pdf
- 3 letters of reference
- Send all application materials (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to CABE, 16033 East San Bernardino Road, Covina, CA 91722.
- Application deadline is August 4, 2014