The Bilingual Education Institute is looking for a self-motivated competent professional who thrives in a fast-paced growing successful expanding education and training company in the languages and cultural communication industry. As it starts its national and global expansion stage, this well-established institution, offers an international diverse and rewarding working environment in modern facilities with advancement, career development opportunities and a competitive compensation package.
Job Title: Academic Director
Reports To: Director
The successful candidate chosen for the position plans, develops, implements and help administer unique educational training programs, for both individuals and corporate clients. In addition, the successful candidate should possess initiative, be fluent in two or more languages and ideally be knowledgeable of psychological types strategies in teaching and learning for all temperaments as well as the use of the latest technologies and delivery strategies; while ensuring that programs have a growing number of students to generate profit by performing the following duties personally or delegating through subordinates:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Works extensively with teachers and clients both internal and external to develop/integrate with existing programs, implement & lead language technology-based training. Provides substantial knowledge and skills in adult learning styles, verbal and written communication, web-based authoring tools, technology based training solutions –LMS, etc. -and related industry standards, distance-learning/virtual classroom technology.
- Interprets and enforces provisions of regulatory agencies and responsible for the continuing meeting of school accreditation standards (ACCET).
- Must develop relationships necessary to promote programs, working in collaboration with internal as well as external resources in order to enroll new customers.
- Interviews and selects competent training staff members and provides in-service training for teachers to ensure the delivery of dynamic interactive programs that generate costumer referrals.
- Keeps updated internal communication documents such as: the teacher handbook, program policy manual, dismissal policy and evaluation and grievance procedures.
- Cooperates with businesses, civic, and other organizations to select and customize curriculums to meet needs and interests of clients and community.
- Introduces constant improvements by analyzing data from questionnaires, interviews, and group discussions to evaluate curriculums, teaching methods, customer satisfaction, and participation in all educational/training programs
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Courses in business management, cross-cultural awareness, counseling, and ESOL preferred
- Minimum 3 years managing an ESOL or educational program with full supervisory responsibilities, including hiring and evaluating personnel
- Cross-cultural or international experience and experience in sales/admissions and fiscal management preferred
- Performance and Service oriented, having the ability to relate well to a wide range of cultural groups, and be willing and capable of promoting the institution to prospective and current clients
- Goal/Results-oriented, a hands-on manager, and able to identify the need for– and initiate– action plans to continuously improve the services provided
- Experience with multimedia instructional design, including needs analysis, design development, delivery and evaluation.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, a creative dynamic approach to learning design that engages target audiences in learning.
- Must possess a strong understanding of Learning Management Systems information and instructional design principles.
- Fluency in one or more foreign language and overseas travel a ++.
- Knowledge of temperament and personality using the eight functions model a +++.
To apply, please send your resume and a non-standardized cover letter telling us about you and why you like this job to email@example.com
Please also include three references and salary requirements.