Job title: Master Teacher or Assistant Director for Mandarin Program
Location: New Jersey/New York
Reports to: School Director
Classification: Salary, exempt
Work schedule: Year-round, full time, 40 hours per week
Oversee and manage all aspects related to student achievement, implementation of the language immersion model and academic curriculum as well as the school culture and climate.
- · Oversees the implementation of the language immersion model through planning and supervision of daily operation
- · Supports and monitors all instructional staff including the development of professional development, mentoring, and coaching
- · Oversees the rigorous evaluation of curriculum for academic content alignment, reviews and aligns textbooks and materials
- · Coordinates and oversees student assessment
- · Oversees parent and school academic communications, conferences, meetings, progress reports and newsletters
- · Participates in open houses, forums and outreach to prospective and current families.
- · Oversee the programmatic and instructional aspects of after school, enrichment, summer and vacation camps
- · Oversees compliance with licensing regulations for early childhood and K-5 elementary programs.
- · Order materials needed to support the program.
- · Compile data to track trends, identify issues and measure success.
- · Ensure proper coverage during school operating hours
- · Coordinates activities with the parent association
- · 3+ years’ experience as an immersion teacher and 2+ years’ administrative experience.
- · Native speaker of Mandarin
- · Master’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, or TESOL
- · NY certification in early childhood (birth-grade 2) strongly preferred
- · Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong writing and presentation skills
- · Very well-organized and detail-oriented
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “master teacher” in the subject line.
Bilingual Buds is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, or disability.